Last updated: 22 March 2012
We may collect information about you in the following ways:
- By visiting a website your browser makes certain information and resources available (such as the browser version and cookies) which we may store or use to present information in a way more tailored for you
- By submitting information to the site yourself, such as through a form, which we may display or store
- If a business provides it to us, such as providing email addresses to request reviews or information about a purchase in the dispute resolution process
- Through a third-party service, which (if more information than the above or what's available to the public is received from it) usually asks your permission first
How we use information about you:
- We often combine data collected in more than one of the ways outlined above
- We may compile data in aggregate and make this available either publicly or to other companies (it is not expected to be personally identifying, "X% of users..." type statements)
- Some information, such as ratings and review comments, is displayed publicly; so please avoid submitting private information in that form
What we explicitly attempt to avoid:
- We do not share your email address except:
- With the business you reviewed (if applicable), unless you checked "Hide from business"
- With companies which provide a service on our behalf
- We communicate privacy preferences (such as "Only show my last initial publicly") to the business receiving the review to avoid unintentional disclosure contrary to your preference in any public responses
We may be required to disclose information if requested by law enforcement agencies.
We will make some reasonable attempt at contacting those affected in the event of a security breach that exposes information in a way contrary to this policy.